Sunday, June 12, 2016

Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache

Every time I start thinking of icing a cake, Jeo comes up with the idea of not spoiling the whole cake! So this time, I decided to ice one slice at a time while serving!

Wow - that was a hit!

Since I didn't have a picture from the original set we served, you can guess why ;), Tara helped me to recreate one for my blog now :). And yes, she made sure that she finished it for me too - how sweet!


Pound cake:

As all my friends know, this is the most easiest cake to make!

8 Oz - butter - room temperature
8 Oz - sugar
8 Oz - all purpose flour - sifted
8 Oz - egg --- this is about 4 eggs at room temp
2 tsp Orange essence

you can add nutmeg to this too - 1/2 tsp

Whip butter and sugar well. Since we are NOT using baking soda/powder, the secret is to get as much air bubble possible in the butter/sugar mixture.

Add egg and beat well - again trap as much air bubble as you can
Add orange essence - beat well
add all purpose flour - mix well - DO NOT beat. Just incorporate the flour well.

Bake at 350 degree F for 35 mins.


Ganache:

1 cup Heavy whipping cream
9 oz chocolate - I use the TraderJoes pound plus dark chocolate and some Ghirardelli milk chocolate. you can use any baking chocolate.

Bring heavy whipping cream near to boil. Turn off the flame, add chocolate and keep the vessel closed for 5 mins. Then open it and stir it well.

Your silky, chocolaty ganache is ready :)

pour on top of the cake - cake slice and garnish as needed. I use Raspberry and blue berry.

Tips:
If you have ganache left - please put in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. You can melt it by double boiling it next time you need it.




 

No comments: